This candidate must be an effective leader with a history of delivering exceptional business results. They are able to identify opportunities for improvement and develop solutions to help establish operational disciplines and best practices that improve the efficiency of ad delivery.
Because this is a client-facing role, the director must be known for building strong relationships cross-functionally with senior management and prospective clients.
This individual will be expected to have a solid understanding of key technologies in the space and collaborate closely with existing and future clients.
- Create a centralized and consolidated system for gathering digital inputs from clients; own traffic sheet inputs for communication with internal teams to guide media trafficking
- Be part of digital kickoffs with creative teams to understand the strategy behind the campaigns and digital assets needed; partner with creative teams on what’s technically possible and then compile and share best practices
- Champion dynamic creative processes (understanding the needs of creative and media) own the feed/document and addition or removal of assets, troubleshooting, etc., and partner closely with media and platform teams to execute against the strategy
- Drive the creation of technology tools to improve manual pieces of the process
- Ensure that the paid media team is deploying best-in-class strategy and execution of campaigns, aggressively testing to improve ROI and achieving desired results
- Manage complex budgets and provide internal forecasting updates to drive ongoing planning for staff and technology needs
- Create and maintain digital processes; educate teams, schedule check-ins for ongoing maintenance and help ensure adoption
- Foster an engaging working environment for team members to be excited to – perform their duties every day
- Successfully manage multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong knowledge of reporting tools
- Strong understanding of the digital advertising domain
- Common DSP knowledge
- Strong quantitative skills and experience with: Facebook Business Manager; Google Analytics; Google AdWords; Google Tag Manager; SEO
- Previous management experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate client needs and share market and field insights
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to translate technical ad operations topics and details effectively to multiple stakeholders and groups
- Organize ideas and information logically and sequentially to present to stakeholders