Supported Display Ad Types
- GIF, JPEG, PNG image files
- Rich media expandable – supported through third party with some limitations, please speak with your Account Manager
- HTML5 – See HTML5 Guidelines later in this document.
Supported Display Ad Sizes
Keep in mind, inventory varies greatly by exchange and region. All formats may not be available in all cases. Contact your account manager if you have questions on the ad sizes available in your area.
In addition to the above sizes we do have the ability to book custom ad sizes across a large amount of publishers. If a size is needed that is not listed above. Please reach out to your account manager.
- File size must be 150K or smaller – applies to first and third party ads.
- Creative images must be clear, recognizable, and relevant; text appearing in the ad must be legible
- Creatives must occupy the entire space of the image size you’ve chosen
- Creatives cannot appear sideways or upside down
- Creatives cannot be segmented, contain multiple copies of itself within the ad, or otherwise appear to be more than one ad.
- Creatives with partially black or white backgrounds, you must add a visible border of a contrasting color to the majority background color of the ad.
- All creatives must open a new page on click, cannot open in the same page.
- Animated ads are restricted to a maximum of 15 seconds of looping, after which point they must remain static.
- HTML5 must use the clickTAG function.
- In-banner video creatives should be in flash format with a 50kb max file load and a 2MB load for the secondary file
- There is no length limit for click to start video ads, but the video should immediately go to the landing page upon completion.
- For auto-start video ads, there is a 15 second limit. Audio should not be heard unless initiated by a mouse-over; video should be backstopped by a static 300×250 which should click through to a landing page.
- All in-banner video ads must include the play, pause, mute and unmute controls.
- Promote online gambling (paid, free, or gateway to paid gambling; brick and mortar gambling is acceptable).
- Depicting or delivering libelous, violent, tasteless, hate, defamatory, or illegal content.
- Portray partial or complete nudity, pornography, and/or adult themes and obscene content
- Spawn pops, simulate clicks, and contain malicious code, viruses, or executable files of any kind.
- Delivering surveys via floating layers, pop-ups or pop-unders.
- No explicit language, no spelling mistakes, no simulated expletives (e.g., #$%!)
- Any Display ad size we support can be declared expandable, although inventory will vary based on size and direction. See recommendations below
- Expandables are supported via 3rd Party Tags only. If you would like Ntooitive to build
- Required Declarations include Expansion Direction(s), Expansion Action and Expandable Ad Server.
Recommended Expandable Ad Sizes
|Original Ad Size||Expansion Direction||Expanded Ad Size|
Ntooitive has the ability to serve both 1st Party and 3rd Party HTML5 creative. You will find the guidelines for 1st party hosted HTML5 creative below.
Method1: Single HTML File
- The maximum HTML file size is 200 kilobytes.
Method2: Zip Compressed File
- The primary HTML file should be located in the root of the zip file.
- Zip files must contain no more than 100 files, including at least one HTML file for use as the initiating file for display. (We suggest keeping the file count low to minimize browser performance impact.)
- The maximum size of any automatically started video should be less than 1.1 megabytes
- The maximum size of any individual file is 2.2 megabytes.
- The maximum size of the primary HTML file should be 100 kilobytes.
- The Zip file should be smaller than 10 megabytes compressed and the contents should be smaller than 12 megabytes uncompressed.
- Only file types of HTML, JS, CSS, JPG, JPEG, GIF, PNG, and SVG may be included in the Zip file.