Display Ad Guidelines
Supported Display Ad Types
- GIF, JPEG, PNG image files
- Expandable rich media – supported through third-party with some limitations (please speak with your account manager)
- HTML5 creatives
Supported Display Ad Sizes*
*Inventory varies greatly by exchange and region. All formats may not be available in all cases. Contact your account manager to learn more about ad sizes available in your area. *In addition to the above sizes, we are able to book custom ad sizes across a large number of publishers. If a size is needed that is not listed above, please reach out to your account manager.
Expandable Ad Guidelines
Any display ad size we support can be declared expandable, although inventory will vary based on size and direction. See recommendations below:
- Expandable ads are supported via 3rd-party tags only.
- Required Declarations: Expansion Direction(s), Expansion Action and Expandable Ad Server.
Recommended Expandable Ad Sizes
|Original Ad Size||Expansion Direction||Expanded Ad Size|
HTML5 Creative Guidelines
Ntooitive has the ability to serve both 1st and 3rd-party HTML5 creatives. You will find the guidelines for 1st-party hosted HTML5 creatives below.
Method 1: Single HTML File
- The maximum HTML file size is 200 KB
Method 2: ZIP Compressed File
- The primary HTML file should be located in the root of the ZIP file.
- ZIP files must contain no more than 100 files, including at least one HTML file for use as the initiating file for display. (We suggest keeping the file count low to minimize browser performance impact.)
- Only file types of HTML, JS, CSS, JPG, JPEG, GIF, PNG, and SVG may be included in the ZIP file.
Maximum File Size Requirements
|Automatically-started video||Less than 1.1 MB|
|Any individual file||2.2 MB|
|Primary HTML file||100 KB|
|ZIP file compressed||Less than 10 MB|
|ZIP file uncompressed||Less than 12 MB|
- File Size: 150 KB or smaller (Applies to 1st and 3rd-party ads)
- Creative Images
- Must be clear, recognizable, and relevant; text appearing in the ad must be legible
- Must occupy the entire space of the image size you’ve chosen
- Cannot appear sideways or upside down
- Cannot be segmented, contain multiple copies of itself within the ad, or otherwise appear to be more than one ad.
- For creatives with partially black or white backgrounds, you must add a visible border of a contrasting color to the majority background color of the ad.
- All creatives must open a new page on click. They cannot open on the same page.
- Animated Ads: Restricted to a maximum of 15 seconds of looping, after which point they must remain static.
- HTML5: Must use the clickTAG function.
- In-Banner Video Creatives
- Should be in HTML5 format with a 50 KB max file load and a 2 MB load for the secondary file.
- Ads must include the play, pause, mute and unmute controls.
- Click to Play Ads: There is no length limit for click to play video ads. The video should immediately go to the landing page upon completion.
- Auto-Start Video Ads
- For auto-start video ads, there is a 15 second limit.
- Audio should not be heard unless initiated by a mouse-over.
- Video should be backstopped by a static 300×250, which should click through to a landing page.
Advertisements may not involve the following:
- Promote online gambling, including paid, free, or gateway to paid gambling. Brick and mortar gambling is acceptable.
- Depict or deliver libelous, violent, tasteless, hate, defamatory, or illegal content.
- Portray partial or complete nudity, pornography, and/or adult themes and obscene content.
- Spawn pop-ups, simulate clicks, or contain malicious code, viruses, or executable files of any kind.
- Deliver surveys via floating layers, pop-ups or pop-unders.
- Contain explicit language, spelling mistakes, or simulated expletives (e.g., #$%!)